Anti-Ragging Cell should be one of the important part of Educational Institution’s mechanism. As per the guidelines of UGC under the Act of 1956, which is modified as UGC regulations on curbing the menace of Ragging in higher Educational Institutions, 2009, establishment of Anti-Ragging Cell is very compulsory.
Objectives of Anti Ragging Committee
Anti-Ragging Committee will be the supervisory and advisory committee in preserving a Culture of Ragging Free Environment in the college Campus. The main objectives of this cell are as follows:
- To aware the students of dehumanizing effect of ragging inherent in its perversity.
- To keep a continuous watch and vigil over ragging so as to prevent its occurrence and recurrence.
- To promptly and stringently deal with the incidents of ragging brought to our notice.
- To generate an atmosphere of discipline by sending a clear message that no act of ragging shall be tolerated and any act of ragging shall not go unnoticed and unpunished.
As per the order of Supreme Court of India and subsequent
Notification from University Grants Commission (UGC), ragging
constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students on:
- Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
- Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
- Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
- Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
- Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
- Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc.
- Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity.
- Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
- Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
Punishment to those found guilty
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments
- Debarring from appearing in any sessional test / University Examination
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits
- Suspension from the college
- Cancellation of the admission
- Withholding the results.
Dr. Sunil Taneja Convener / Incharge(8901338866)
Dr. Ramesh Kumar Deputy Convener(9354866216)
Ms. Aarti Arora Member(9354866216)
Dr. Suman Member(9034042899)
Dr. Manisha Staff Secretary(9896018315)